You dreamed, you spreadsheeted the plan, you sweated the budget proposal…. and now, it’s go time.
You’re about to launch a new employee engagement program company-wide. It’s the perfect moment to build some buzz and get your people engaged about engagement. Your program can work wonders. In an age where upwards of 70% of employees report feeling disengaged and unmotivated, here’s your chance to make a real change that can create happier staff, higher productivity and a culturally healthier company. How do you get there? We can help. We’ve launched hundreds of programs and are ready to share a few insider tips to help make your launch truly interstellar.
Hype it before you ship it.
Start before you start - that’s the mantra of all successful launches. Tell everyone what’s coming with a teaser hype campaign. Use email, intranet announcements, Slack messages, breakroom noticeboards, elevator posters, payslip messaging… any and all internal media to spread the word that your program is launching “on X date”. The more anticipation you can build, the more attention your launch day will receive.
Make it big with a launch event.
It’s showtime. Depending on budget, employee locations and time, creating a launch event can get the program off to a great start. An event gives you an opportunity to succinctly explain the program, show the many ways that employees can earn points, demo the program dashboard and showcase some drool-worthy rewards. Give every employee some Welcome Bonus points and show them how to redeem, earn more, and gift points to peers for outstanding performance. You can increase attendance by using serialized cards to gift bonus points for attendees. If you can’t do an in-person event or webinar, then prepare a launch flyer which can be emailed or printed and delivered to every desk. This flyer should clearly show where an employee can find the program, how they log-in, how they can give peer awards, and what rewards they can earn.
Keep the buzz going.
Day 2. The launch cupcakes are all gone. Everyone is enrolled. Now it’s time to boost usage. The more your team use the program in these early days, the more likely that their ‘habit of engagement’ will stick. Here are our top tips for keeping the points rolling:
1. Update frequently. For the first month, send weekly emails that highlight how your team can earn points, gift points, and convert points into amazing rewards. Share stories about cool redemptions (we’ve seen program members redeem for engagement rings, new cars and dream family vacations!)
2. Embed on the Intranet. Speak with your IT support team to embed the rewards program within every employee’s intranet dashboard. This will keep their points tally visible and make giving or redeeming points easier than ever.
3. Top-down enthusiasm. Get senior management buy-in and encourage their visible participation in the program. Provide them with serialized cards so they can make spot awards for performance.
4. Gamify! Use gamification strategies to encourage competition and highlight the different currency options within your program - ballots can win tokens which can earn gameplays for points.
5. Create news. Expand your program to reward birthdays, years of service, sales goals, KPIs, and training module completion. By continually adding new ways to earn points, you are creating newsworthy reasons to remind people about the program.
6. Use Surveys. Now that you have an incentive platform that everyone understands, you can use it to drive survey or quiz participation. By offering points for completing quick quizzes or longer surveys, you can implement regular culture, mood, or motivation checks — invaluable tools for employee development.
7. Use Global Savings. Remind members that they can start saving instantly, without redeeming any points, if you have added our Global Savings discount option to your program.
Fast and easy to launch.
Power2Motivate can quickly help you launch an employee engagement program that your team will love. Easily tailored to match your company size and culture, a P2M program will help you directly link positive behavior and achievement to tangible, attractive rewards. Contact us today to learn how to keep your team members focused and motivated. We can set up a demo of our highly configurable engagement platform, so you can see for yourself just how impactful it can be